Friday, April 13, 2012

Back To School I Go...

at last, at last!  So, I have dealt with the sadness, frustration, anger, and so on in having had to leave school and give up professional massage therapy.  I honestly think I went through all the stages of grieving, but finally was able to let it go and look forward again.  Then, of course, I came to acknowledge that I enjoy learning, that even at approaching 45, I want to learn, I want to have a career in something I'm good at and want to do.

I spent several long weeks doing a lot of contemplating, mulling over, and so on.  Back in my very young days I drew, painted, sketched, and otherwise spent countless hours of my life in some form of art or another.  I also, years ago, nearly went to school to earn a degree in interior design, wanting to focus on kitchen & bath design.

My husband is a draftsman, his father a contractor, and they take me to home builder's shows when they come up, and I've also been in on meetings with customers, helped with choosing colors, textures, and so forth and so on.  I like it.  Rather a lot actually.

I then did a search to see about just getting into kitchen & bath design, and lo and behold, there is a national certification association, and also I also found a college that you can earn a degree in this very field at.  I was plum tickled pink y'all...so very happy!

I am proud to announce that my classes begin on Monday.  Yeah, Monday.  As in three days from today. Gulp.  Been on the phone and computer busting my behind getting essays, applications, other assorted and varied paperwork done, and trying to take placement tests, test out on a few things, and orientation from 2 1/2 hours away.  Whew.  Are you tuckered out just reading all that?  I am.

My school is in Pittsburgh and I am not.  As I said, I am over 2 hours away, and my entire degree will be earned via online long distance learning.  Oh boy.  Let the games begin right?  That's going to take some perseverance, dedication, hard work, and sweet tea.  Yeah howdy.

Last night I dreamed I needed to be on campus and had to move to Pittsburgh away from the family, horses, dogs, and such.  Let's hope not eh?  Not at all what I want to have happen.  Not in any way, shape or form.  I like Pittsburgh well enough; the art, the food, the people, but I don't want to have to ever again live in a big city unless it's either Spokane or Seattle.  Period.

Anyhow, that's what's new with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment