Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Power Of Love


My boy Sebastian.  I can't believe he's 18 months already, and even scarier, he's taller than both his sire & dam now o.O  Considering warmbloods grow until they are any where from 5 to 7 years old I'm wondering just how tall he's going to get on me.  I'm 5'10" so a tall horse won't be a terrible thing, but holy smokes, I don't need a giraffe :)  I did ask my mother in-law for a 3-step mounting block for Christmas just in case he gets taller than I'm anticipating.

I'm really missing my dad these past few days, and it's 9 years next month since we lost him.  Does it get easier?  He'd be 90 and then some if he were still alive.  I want to pick up the phone and hear his voice, or get one of his hugs and smell that Old Spice & tobacco mixture that was uniquely my dad.

That said, I am closer to my mom than we've ever been.  We talk all the time and joke around, shop together, go to lunch.  I'm 43 years old, I missed so much.  I plan on making every single year, month, and day with her count from here on out though.  Absolutely.


Mom looking out at our lower 40 acres after heavy rains about 2 weeks ago.  It had a very strong current in there, nearly took my legs out from under me.

Off to listen to Huey Lewis & make chicken tacos.  Go hug someone you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment